Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Virgin Ride on a candy-apple red sporty

I can't stop smiling, can't stop feeling the wind. It's been a week since my first long ride on the back of a harley, riding second seat and loving it. I did it, I lived a long time dream, though slightly modified. It was on my list of life dreams, to ride a harley through the NEK. We covered the west side of the kingdom, the road was empty, all ours, we took the road up to Jay and paused at the look out. Awesome, simple, organic, exceptional. I finally got a look at the rider I hopped a ride with. Don't tell anyone, but I posted a request to ride with a gentleman rider, so I could see the green mountains before I give up the dream or surrender to time and disability.
It felt so boundless, I didn't feel trapped in a "mis-functioning" body. It felt great to hold on to a veteran rider and leave the driving to him so I could soak it all in. The wind, the scents, the views...
I'm living it again and again in my mind. When the ride had to end, when I had to go home; he to his life, I thanked him with a grateful hug. It seemed so small a gesture for such an emotional accomplishment. I nearly cried in disbelief, in joy, in success, in the kindness of a total stranger.
An adventure I almost abandoned in logic. Thank you again my new friend, happy riding...
luv and peace ~ ell

No comments: