Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When I put my saw down. . .Things to do, must do. . .before I can't...hope I have a boat load of fun

It's a lazy summer day. I should be harvesting fire wood with my little boss chain saw. I inventoried another good stand. It's too warm though, my gaiting will get sloppy and its not good to trip with a chainsaw in my hands. 8 more cords will keep the oil truck out of my drive way for winter, so next cool day I'll drop another cord.
For now I'll fester more things I want to do just so I can say I did 'em. I want to ride on an HD across country with a good group. On someone else's bike; no endorsement for me. Vision and balance at speed is something I lost with my brain injury. I want to hike Greenland with a good friend. I'd like to sail along Newfoundland some summer as long as someone else is sailing. I just want to feel the wind. I want to succeed in my learning center at my odd little farm. A place where people can come to get dirty, get savey and live life wholly. I'd like to finish my masters so I can say I did it and prove to my doubting parents that I am smart enough to achieve academic prowess.
I want to make a new friend every week for as long as I'm living; hopefully, I'll end up with hundreds. I want to see some great rock n' roll live. I want to learn to play the guitar, folk music, and spin stories and songs for people who think history and inspiration is only in books.
I've rescued 213 former racehorses and I think I'm finally satiated that way. I'm not fast enough on my feet to retrain these rockets any more and I want to step up to horse assisted therapies now. Horses helping people.
I want to start my son's upick blueberry farm; he'll need it. The world won't have much for him because he's autistic. Most people don't understand him, but he makes perfect sense to me. He's just like a horse and they are very autistic sometimes.
Mostly, I want to show my kids how to live a happy life in this world. How to stay ahead of the "gravity defect" (that's everyone and everything that will try to bring you down).

This post is owed to my dear friend who at age 70 yrs+ rides her favorite horse everyday. She told me once: "you can always make more money, but you can never make more time."
She's right, I'll do my best to fill it.
luv and peace ~ el

No comments: