Saturday, July 25, 2009

could, can't, can ~ just wishin'




Sunny, warm and breezy this July day... dozens of motorcycles rolling by... couldn't connect with my biker buddy for a ride so then the blues crept in. I can not get around very well in the high sun and warm air; an unfortunate reality resulting from the brain rot I live with. So down to the neglected basement, after some time pumping water from the relentless rains, I could stack firewood. As the stack took form, I got to thinking about making a list. I enjoy listing out stuff of all topics; its how I work the problem, try to see all sides before acting... This list started out as an exercise to encourage myself for the summer... it evolved into a "bucket list" of sorts; a list of can't do ~ can do kind of mantras. On a very warm, dull day like this, the can't do tasks are vivid, even cruel reminders of what abilities I've lost. But with a little out of the box thinking, for every can't do it, there is a viable, equally worthy can do it on the punch list. It was a fun process and will continue to evolve...

my bucket list:
what I can do ~ if only differently...
can't set a horse ~ can drive 'em

can't drive a motorcycle ~ can ride 2Up

can't run with my kids ~ can teach them how to play baseball

can't handle a horse ~ can teach others how to

can't paddle a boat ~ can float in a tube down river

can't do the tango ~ can slow dance with a good man

can't ski so well ~ can airboard like the wind

can't hike in the warm months ~ can ride an all terrain segway

can't cure my son's autism ~ can build him a blue berry farm

can't be an activist ~ can be an advocate
can't love forever ~ can love passionately
.
.
.
you get the idea, it's not wright, it's not wrong, it's just different...
luv and peace ~ ell

No comments: